From how to make your bed to how to make a martini, we’ve compiled tips and tricks to help you do better this year.
It’s a new year and that often means it is time for self-improvement – looking at one’s life and evaluating where you are today, where you want to go and how to get there. It’s also a time to identify areas for improvement. While we’re not life gurus here, we have put together a few of our favorite tips and tricks to help you master doing a few things better in 2019.
Make Your Bed…Better
Our housekeeping team at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino are rockstars. There truly is no better way to describe them. They can whip any room into shape quickly and efficiently turning a complete disaster of a bed into one that makes you feel relaxed and comfortable. To help you make your bed like your favorite hotel, follow these tips:
- Skip the fitted sheet. Most hotels opt for two identical top sheets. This gives you a super tight and snug feeling when you settle in for the night.
- Always buy 300 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets. A higher thread count than this will mean that the sheets will soon wear thin and could rip, and a lower thread count does not make for very soft sheets.
- Relax wrinkles with misted water. You don’t need a fancy iron or steamer to smooth out crinkled sheets. The secret is a spray bottle full of plain water. Spritz the liquid evenly across the cover and shake the top layer until you see the creases settle.
Make A Better Cocktail
It’s time to step up your cocktail skills and learn how to properly mix a great drink. Our bartenders were quick to offer these tips and tricks to help you make a better cocktail or mixed drink.
- Start with the right tools. The essential tools you should consider having in your kitchen to make great drinks are: cocktail shaker, bar spoon, jigger (for measuring), strainer and muddler.
- Use 100% juice to add natural sugars and flavors and choose unsweetened flavored seltzers instead of sodas.
- Whether you are shaking or stirring, in most cases you don’t want to serve the same ice you mixed your drink with. The ice is broken down and will not last long, so straining is a necessary step for better drinks.
- Every cold drink should go into a cold glass. It’s that simple and taking the time for this simple step is one of the tricks to getting your cocktails to taste like a professional’s.
Travel More Luxuriously
We all want to know the ins and outs to travel better, more luxuriously and at a better price. Here’s a few tips to make your travel experience all-around better.
- Carefully plan the dates you travel on. Most people fail to realizes how much money they can save when traveling during an off-season. If you can be flexible with dates, you can get a luxurious vacation for a fraction of the price.
- Work with hotels directly. Reaching out to experienced concierge or the hotel front desk can help you save money and a lot of stress. Seek recommendations for restaurants, attractions, transportation and more from the hotel concierge – they will have the best contacts at the best venues in town.
If you’re in Vegas and happen to be staying with us, don’t be shy. Ask our team members for their favorite tricks of their trade or the insider scoop on all things Vegas. We’re here to make your stay and your life a little bit better. Still thinking about a Vegas vacation? Put your mind and wallet at ease with our hotel deals including discounted rates, property amenities and even hotel and entertainment packages.